Varicose Veins, Vein thrombosis, Vascular Disease
Varicose veins is a problem of “thick”, congested and stagnant blood. It happens when deep veins become obstructed and narrowed due to unhealthy deposits, clots and plaques that build up over time on blood vessel walls. Eventually due to blockage the body has to find the alternative routes to circulate the blood and starts using smaller veins closer to the surface which are not build for the increased volume.
Additionally, the heart increases blood pressure to push blood through obstructed narrowed passages. As the result blood vessels begin to damaged, lose shape and valves can no longer close properly so more blood stagnates in these veins making the problem worse.
How Leech Therapy can help
- Cleans blood by dissolving blood clots and thrombus
- Blood-thinning effect, a strong natural anti-coagulant
- Reduces blood viscosity
- Improves blood circulation
- Reducing pain and pressure in legs
- Cleans atherosclerotic and cholesterol plaques
- Cleans and restores blood vessel walls
- Smoothers inner surface of blood vessels
- Prevents arteries from hardening
- Improves micro-circulation and stimulates growth of new capillaries
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Allows stagnant blood and lymph to come out so body can make new, pure one
- Reduces inflammation if any
Hirudin discovered in 1902 is the most studied component of leech saliva. It is a powerful natural anticoagulant / blood-thinner which prevents unhealthy blood clotting, reduces blood viscosity and greatly improves blood circulation throughout the body.
Destabilase in leech saliva cleans blood by dissolving blood clots and thrombus and preventing the formation of new ones. It lengthens the blood clotting time and has strong anti-aggregating properties causing decomposition of clotted blood.
Hualuronidase – smoothes the inner walls of blood vessels which helps the blood flow. It also improves the microcirculation by promoting the formation of new capillaries and helps oedema.
Leech saliva also has anti-bacterial, pain-killing and most importantly anti-inflammatory properties (englins, bradykinins and bdelins).
Combined all benefits of leech therapy enable us to get very good results with with varicose veins, especially when combined with herbal tea which has blood-thinning effect and helps to strengthen blood vessels. This info is provided free to my patients.